If Your Stats Don’t Work

While perhaps 80% of you are seeing stats correctly now in their dashboard, the other 20% are seeing the stats for the entire network, not their own site’s statistics.

Of course even if you’re one of that 20%, you may not be using the stats, so you’re not worried about it either way.

But if you are, here’s a work-around:

We’ve added a new plugin, called Monster Insights. Don’t be scared, it’s a friendly monster, and we’re going to walk you through teaching it to show you your statistics.

First, hit control-T to open a new, blank tab next to this one. Then switch back to this tab to read the next step.

Example of Insights menu in dashboard

Example of Insights menu in dashboard

In that tab, log in to your account and go to your dashboard. Once you’re in your dashboard, you’ll find Insights in the menu on the left, like in this pic:

To use the backup stats for your website, put your mouse over the [Insights] menu item, so that the dark blue context menu opens on the left, like in that pic. Choose [Settings] from that new menu.

That will take you to a new dashboard page for Insights, which looks something like this:

The Monster Insights settings dashboard

The Monster Insights settings dashboard

Manually Enter your UA Code here

Manually Enter your UA Code here

In that dashboard, the second form field should be “Manually enter your UA code”:

We don’t have that UA code yet, but getting it is easy! I mean, there are several steps, but they’re easy to follow:

First, click here to open Google Analytics in a new tab (so you’ll have these instructions in a tab, your website’s dashboard in a second tab, and Google Analytics in a third one. Switch back and forth between those two and here to follow the instructions.

If you don’t already have an Analytics account, it should look about like this:

Click the button on the far right

Click the button on the far right

(if you already have an analytics account, you probably know where to find your UA code anyway)

Clicking the far right button will take you to a form to fill out for a “new account”, the one you will use to track your website:

Fill this out to make an analytics account for your website

Fill this out to make an analytics account for your website

Click to get your tracking code

Click to get your tracking code

Fill it out with your info, then click [Get Tracking Code]:

Clicking it should send you to the control panel for your new Analytics account. And in the middle of it, you can find the UA code we need:

This is your UA tracking code, to enter on the Monster Insights settings page

This is your UA tracking code, to enter on the Monster Insights settings page

Hilite (or highlight) that UA code and copy it, then go back to the YLDist Monster Insights dashboard and paste it in.
If you go back to Google Analytics after a day or two, you should see the stats for your site.