Want to start using essential oils? Read this first!
But before I explain why essential oils are so great, you might be wondering what they actually are!
What are essential oils?
Essential oils are the oil of the plant from which they were extracted. They’re basically concentrated herbs! They contain all the goodness that protects and maintains the plant, and we can use them to help support our own bodies’ health and wellness.
There are many different kinds of oils out there, and they all have different properties and uses. From well-known plants like Bergamot and Eucalyptus to unusual and exotic ones like Petitgrain and Spikenard, there’s an unfathomably huge range to choose from – and they each provide all sorts of different benefits and uses.
How can essential oils help promote the health and wellbeing of you and your family?
Today we are being exposed to more chemicals and toxins than ever before. The need for each one of us to reduce chemicals in our homes, workplace and vehicles is something that most of us want to do, but we’re just not sure how to start. Young Living has given us all the resources to get off to a great start. We can use Essential Oils in cooking, cleaning, make up, beauty and health. We can even use Young Living Essential Oils on our pets! They’re great for aromatherapy, massages, diffusing, natural room deodorizing, and increasing our intimate moments.
There are many reasons why I chose Young Living, but here are my three main reasons:
1. It All Starts with The Seeds
One of the most important things I’ve learned in my journey to healthy living is that it’s not just what something is – it’s where it comes from, how it’s grown, and how it’s processed. Whether it’s blueberries fresh from the farm, or cows on green pasture, or a soft organic t-shirt, I know that the source matters.
I did many hours of research to find an essential oil company that I felt I could trust with my family’s health. Young Living is that company: they truly care about quality. Young Living has a Seed to Seal promise.
Seed to Seal ensures the purity of the oils, the team at Young Living set the highest standards for planting, harvesting, and distilling on the farms they own and co-op. You might agreer that you’re going to be putting products on your family’s skin and around your home, you want to know they’re pure and unadulterated!
2: You become part of a big, friendly community
As a Young Living customer, you automatically become a member of a big oily family that will give you all the support and advice you need! It’s a wonderful feeling to know you have the help and reassurance of a generous and caring community of moms, experts, and lifelong users.
I’ve been using my oils for a long time, but I still reach out to the our close-knit community for their advice and expertise!
There’s no pressure to sell. In fact sellers are discouraged. We prefer people who want to share. Becoming a member is a great opportunity to save 24% on all your purchases. Receive news and updates, and place orders on products you want whenever you want.
3: Automatically Save Money!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit is the best introduction to essential oils (and it’s such great value, too!)
No other essential oils company offers such a great-value and comprehensive range of products to get you started.
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit contains your everyday staples – all the oils and equipment you’ll want to have on hand for a variety of situations. There’s an excellent user guide, too, which will help you understand how to use everything contained in the kit.
Here’s what else is great: once you buy the Premium Starter Kit, you automatically become a “wholesale member” of Young Living. This means you can continue to buy other Young Living products for a huge 24% discount off the retail price! You’re under zero obligation to buy any other products as a wholesale member, but if you do, you get 24% off!
A few of the 100’s of great ways to use the essential oils in your Premium Starter Pack
Each of the oils in your Premium Starter Pack has SO many fabulous uses, but here are some of the ways in which I like to use them:
– Just one single drop rubbed over dry lips will nourish them completely!
– Stop a nosebleed, stat! Put one drop onto a tissue and stick it on an ice cube. Carefully place the ice cube under the middle of your upper lip, all the way up to the base of your nose.
– Massage several drops into the scalp to eliminate dandruff.
– Apply directly to sore joints to help ease the pain.
– For a stuffy nose, dab a drop on your tongue and inhale some into your nose.
– One drop on the tongue will stop indigestion!
– To beat motion sickness, rub four drops onto your stomach and chest.
– Rub the oil straight onto callouses twice a day to soften them and support healing.
– Stained clothes? Rub the oil all over the stain, then immediately put the item in the washing machine. Works like no other stain remover – even on dried-out stains!
– Use it as a one-ingredient hand sanitizer!
Frankincense: (if you purchased this separately it runs around $97 (retail) – the price of getting the Kit is worth it just to get this one oil!)
– Strengthen your immune system by dabbing a few drops on the bottoms of your feet.
– Put a couple of drops on a cyst or wart twice daily, and it’ll be gone in no time.
– Improve your concentration by applying a couple of drops to the back of your neck and temples.
– Rub it across your lower back if you feel discomfort from sitting in front of a computer.
– Ease minor head tension by applying it to your temples.
– Rub it onto sore and achy muscles to relieve pain.
Stress Away (an oil blend containing copaiba, lime, cedarwood, vanilla, ocotea and lavender):
– If you’re looking for a sense of relaxation or you want to reduce feelings of stress to help you sleep better, Stress Away is for you!
– Apply it generously to your wrists or the back of your neck, use it in a diffuser, or add two drops to water as needed.
– This is my favorite oil to wear as a nontoxic perfume!
– To soothe a sore throat, gargle a few drops of oil in water, then dilute it with a carrier oil and apply it to the neck and throat.
– Make a disinfectant spray: put half a teaspoon of salt into a 4oz spray bottle, then add 20 drops of the oil (letting the oil absorb the salt). Slowly add distilled water, shake, and you’re done! Use on grimy hands, stinky shoes, lunch boxes and anything else you’d like to disinfect!
Thieves is so popular you can choose from an entire line of products. Hand soaps, toothpaste, laundry soap, throat lozenges, dental floss, household cleaning bottles in the jumbo size, foaming hand soaps, a Thieves fruit & vegetable wash, bath bar soaps.
Why such a variety? Because (1) it works! (2) it kills germs (3) it has a great clove/cinnamon aroma. Talk about a dedicated and loyal fan base – Thieves is the one! Teachers use it in their classrooms, nurses use it at their work stations, mom use ALL the products to ensure their homes stay as germ free as possible. Imagine how you might use it.
Purification (an oil blend containing citronella, lemongrass, lavandin, rosemary, tea tree and myrtle):
– Add a few drops to shoes to help neutralize odors.
– Dab a drop directly onto the site of an insect bite, and the oil will calm down the inflamed blood vessels under the skin that cause the itching.
– Do have pets or kids? Diffuse purification to rid your house from either or both of them before company comes over. Or just to have a refreshing clean house smell.
– Deter bed bugs! Mix the oil with water in a spray bottle, then spray the bed before you get in.
– Dab some on a zit or blemish to clear it up pronto.
– Pair it with coconut oil and use it for diaper rash on sensitive bottoms!
– Trouble with yeast infections. This is the oil to stop them.
– Apply directly to toenails to get rid of that yellow tinge.
Joy (a fragrant oil blend containing bergamot, ylang ylang, geranium, lemon, coriander, tangerine and jasmine – among others):
– Diffuse it in the home to lift everyone’s spirits!
– Rub a few drops on your neck and wrists for a natural perfume.
Ready to buy your Young Living Premium Starter Kit?
Here’s what you get:
- Ten 5ml bottles of essential oils: Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, Frankincense, PanAway, Stress Away, Thieves, Purification, Melaleuca Alternifolia, and Joy. Plus a bonus bottle of the popular Citrus Fresh blend.Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see how I use these essential oils every day.
- A home diffuser with optional light, optional 30-second intervals, and auto-shut-off.
- Aroma Glide roller fitment (to turn any oil into a roll-on)
- Two sample packets each of Lavender, Peppermint, Peace & Calming, Lemon, and Thieves (for you to share with your friends)
- Two NingXia Red 2oz samples (an antioxidant drink concentrate that’s a great supplement for supporting health and wellbeing)
Total Retail value: $300 – Enrolling now and you’ll save 50%
Step-by-step: purchase your Premium Starter Kit
1. Click on the link below to sign up.
2. Select “Sign up as: Young Living Wholesale Member” – which will allow you to purchase the Premium Starter Kit.
Remember: you’re NOT obligated to make any further purchases after this. Wholesale membership simply allows you to buy the Premium Starter Kit at a huge discount.
3. Fill out your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact information. (You’ll be asked for your social security number in case you want to become a distributor of Young Living products in future. This information will never be shared with anyone.)
4. Create your password and PIN – which you’ll use to log in to your account and order any future oils.
5. Select your order: the “Premium”, “Basic “Plus” or “Basic” Starter Kit. I highly recommend the Premium: it comes with everything you need to get started, and it’s the best value of the three.
6. Optional: sign up for the frequent buyers’ club called Essential Rewards (ER). When you enroll in Essential Rewards, you’ll start accumulating rewards points for everything you buy, which can be used to get free products on future orders. There’s no need to join right away – you can purchase your Starter Pack first and join the ER club later if you prefer.
7. Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
8. CONFIRM YOUR ORDER! I’ve had many folks miss this step and end up not fully checking out – and I don’t want you missing out on your oils!