Occasionally I hear from people who consider the costs of the YL oils to be pricey. I have to admit that in the beginning I felt that way as well. I did a lot of googling and checking out other oils in Amazon. The more I learned the more I realized that not all oils are equal. I really appreciate a few of the things that Gary Young does to keep the essential oils at the top of all the others.
1. He is obsessed with controlling the growth of the plants. That’s why he has farms around the world. When he started the farm in Ecuador he and his wife Mary lived there for 4 years. I appreciate that quality, that he had to be there. That he didn’t just send someone else.
2. The farming techniques are health and Earth conscious. They use Essential oils in the land to keep weeds and bugs away.
3. He understands that plants and trees have certain personalities that
require TLC when harvesting. There is a plant called Melissa that is very delicate, so they carefully cut it during the early morning, around 3am. Then they walk it a short distance to the distillery. Otherwise the plant can go into ‘shock’ and the powerful oils are weakened.
4. When he thinks the time is right to harvest they do batch tests. They take small samples and run them to see how strong are the volitole oils. When they get a strong reading then that’s when the plants are harvested.
5. The oils are bottled in small amber bottles. Why? So sunlight can’t destroy the potency of the oils. Which brings up another point, IF you see a bottle and it has an expiration date – that is not a pure essential oil. Our oils don’t go rancid. But if ‘something; else is added to the oil it can cause the oil to go bad. Hence – don’t waste your money. Even if costs less, what’s the point? You want to invest your money, not waste your money.
6. By the time we get that little bottle we can safely know that it is what it says it is. It is going to provide the life giving, healing properties that history has shown it to do. Considering that 1 drop of YL Peppermint oil is equal to 28 cups of peppermint tea, the per use of the oil is inexpensive.
It all goes back to that old saying – “You get what you pay for.” This is an investment in your health, in improving the quality of your living experience, and removing many stressors and toxins from your body and your house. Don’t you think you’re worth it? (p.s. – save up over a few months if the beginning kit is out of your reach right now. Remember saving up for something was how generations before credit cards bought things.)
So – here’s a link to another trusted site. Mountain Rose herbs. I want you to look at their prices – very similar to Young Living – Why? Because quality and authenticity are not cheap. But remember this, if you shop from them there is no Free products. No one at Mountain rose is going to give you a free bottle, or a $20 sign-up aother coupon. And if you should share Mountain Rose with others and then they buy, no one is going to give you a percentage of their purchases back to you – forever.
And notice it says – we source the world.. not We grow and harvest and distill our own oils.