I Just Wanted a Clean House

Nicole BrannickHousehold

cleaning toxic

I started my journey to essential oils about eight years ago.  I remember the day it all began.  I was home on a holiday and listening to the Oprah Winfrey Show as background noise while I folded laundry.  Oprah’s guest that day was a lady I had never heard of, Sophie Uliano, so I really didn’t pay much attention until Sophie introduced her good friend Julia Roberts.  Well, since Julia Roberts is one of my favorite actresses, I tuned right in.  From the very first few minutes, I was glued to the television as they discussed not-so-hidden toxins in our household cleaners and personal care products and ways to either make your own or make better choices in store-bought products.  I had no idea how harmful these chemicals could be.  Sure, I knew that they should be kept out of reach of children and that if you swallowed them or got them in your eyes, they could cause major damage or even death.  But harmful if I just breathed them during the course of cleaning my bathroom or kitchen?

That same day, I rushed to Target to purchase Sophie Uliano’s book, Gorgeously Green, and I began reading it immediately.  Before I knew it, I had ditched all of the cleaners in the house and was whipping up my own with safe, simple ingredients like castile soap, peroxide, baking soda, and vinegar.  I even had my first experience with essential oils when I added lemon, lavender, and tea tree oils, although it would be several more years before I would discover Young Living’s therapeutic-grade essential oils and oil-infused products and become an independent distributor.

After I began using my own homemade cleaners, I realized how much better I felt while I cleaned.  I had never realized before how much I coughed and sneezed or how my throat was scratchy and my eyes watery—just from spraying my mirrors, countertops, floors, and windows with ordinary cleansers.

Now I know how harmful these products can be by just inhaling them or getting them on your skin.  Many cause respiratory irritation, allergic reactions, or central nervous system issues and contain dangerous hormone disrupters and carcinogens.

Now instead of making my own bathroom and kitchen sprays, I use Young Living’s Thieves Household Cleaner.  Instead of grout cleaner, I use Thieves Household Cleaner.  Carpet cleaner, degreaser?  Nope, I’ll use Thieves Household Cleaner.  Besides being all-natural and non-toxic, it is super effective and economical.  It contains vegetable-based surfactants, biodegradable cutting agents, and therapeutic-grade Thieves essential oil blend, which is a blend of Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus Radiata, Rosemary, and Clove.  Effective and great smelling!

If my story isn’t enough to inspire you to take a look at your own cleaning cabinet, will you accept a challenge?  Next time you clean your house, pay attention to how you feel after you spray your mirrors,  scrub your toilet, and clean your counters, stovetop, and oven with yet another and another chemical spray.  Have you developed a tickle in your throat, a cough, a runny nose, or watery eyes? If so, your body is telling you something.  These symptoms aren’t themselves the problem.  They are a sign that your body doesn’t like the exposure and you need to do something about it—sort of like your car’s “check engine” light.  If you ignore the light for long, will you be surprised to find you need a complete engine overhaul?

Young Living has an entire line of Thieves products, in addition to the Household Cleaner.  If, like me, you have decided you want to reduce the number of toxins you are exposing your family to, a Young Living wholesale membership with The Thieves Premium Starter Kit may be for you.  Becoming a member is simple, and you will receive a 24% wholesale discount on all future purchases through Young Living. Please contact me with any questions you may have about membership.  I would love to help you get started!