A Tale of Immune System Support as told by an Elementary School Teacher
As an elementary school teacher in a public setting, I get asked all the time what do I do to support my immune system? I mean…seriously…with so many kids missing school for one illness or another, how do I keep myself healthy?
In writing this post, during my lunch, in between correcting papers and helping students, these hands have touched a million things – doorknobs, pencils, Kleenex, garbage, desks, keyboards, milk cartons, etc. It takes diligence to keep one’s immune system healthy in this setting! Thankfully, I have a class of students who do not like to miss school, so we talk regularly about keeping ourselves healthy! In a nutshell, we make sure to:
- wash our hands
- respect others’ personal space
- sneeze or cough into our arm
- get outside every day
- smile more
- choose healthy snacks and foods
I am thankful to have a class of students who understand the value of keeping themselves healthy! As a class, we have some great discussions about personal health, fitness, and overall wellness! We practice patience and kindness with each other, and strive to be happy and helpful.
Personally, for myself, I make sure to incorporate the Young Living products into my life each and every day! Here is a sample of some of the products that I use daily to support a healthy immune system:
- Thieves Vitality every day in a capsule, and in my tea, along with some local honey
- Thieves on my scarf around my neck, on my clothes, and breathing it in my palms
- Peppermint Oil on my feet and legs – keeps them energetic!
- Cleaning my space with Thieves cleaner every day
- Lemon Vitality oil in my tea and toothbrush, Lemon oil on my skin
- The Thieves hand sanitizer is never far from reach
- Inner Defense supplement every day
- Longevity capsules every day
In addition, I keep my digestive system in a balanced state by being mindful of what I am eating. I eat in as a relaxed state as possible. The Digest and Cleanse capsules are an important part of my daily routine, as is the Essentialzymes4. I have the Ningxia Red packets stashed in a drawer, and the Ningxia Nitro is a lifesaver when I need a quick burst of energy.
It is possible to keep ourselves healthy in all situations! Armed with our great oils and supplements, a good attitude, and a positive environment, it can be done. I hope you find this information helpful.