Day 7 of the 14 Day Essential Oil Challenge is here! We’re already halfway through, and I hope you guys are learning a lot! Today we have another essential oil blend that I use on a daily basis in my home. Purification oil is a MUST HAVE if you have kids, pets, trash cans and laundry. This oil is like a magic stink-eraser. No joke.
Let’s see how you can use it safely:
SAFE WAYS TO USE Purification ESSENTIAL OIL:
- Aromatically in your home diffuser or inhaling straight from the bottle
- Topically; Apply 2-4 drops as needed. Dilution is required. Do not use on small children or babies.
- Dietary: Do not ingest. Purification is not a dietary oil.
I was not lying when I said I use this oil on a daily basis. I keep a bottle in my laundry room and add it to every load of laundry that I do. I keep a spray bottle mixed up with water (directions below) and spritz it on everything from fabric to carpet to my dog’s fur between baths. I keep a bottle in my purse for an emergency on-the-go air freshener. It neutralizes odors and leaves everything smelling so fresh and so clean! I just love Purification oil, especially now that I have both dirty diapers AND a dog in the house.
Here are 20 ways you can use Purification essential oil:
- Diffuse in a basement or enclosed area to eliminate odors and mustiness.
- Diffuse it after cooking a meal to eliminate strong odors that linger in your kitchen.
- Add a few drops to a cotton ball or paper towel, and place in the bottom of trash bins or diaper pails to neutralize odors
- Add a few drops to a cotton ball and stick inside a pair of stinky shoes or gym bag to erase stinky smells.
- Add a few drops to a cotton ball and place in your car air vents to help freshen the interior of your vehicle.
- Add two drops to a garbage disposal to help with odor.
- Add 2 drops to a wet cloth and place in clothes dryer to refresh stale, wet laundry
- Mix 2 cups baking soda and approx 20 drops Purification in an air tight container, sprinkle over carpets before vacuuming for a carpet deoderizer.
- Add 10 drops to an 8 ounce bottle of distilled water, shake well, and spritz onto clothing, carpet or fabric to eliminate cigarette or pet odors
- Use that same bottle to spritz onto your hair on days between shampoos.
- Use that same bottle to spritz a small amount onto stinky dog fur to make them smell like puppies again (Only use a small amount depending on the size and age of the dog, always avoiding eyes and ears. Do not use on cats since tea tree oil is toxic to cats).
- Create an on-the-go air freshener with a spray bottle, distilled water, and Purification. Keep it in your bag to freshen up offices, public restrooms, hotel rooms, and cars.
- Mix 15 drops Purification, 15 drops Peppermint and 15 drops Citronella in a 16 ounce spray bottle of water for a “bug-off” spray to use outdoors all summer long. Spritz clothing, skin or outdoor furniture– anywhere mosquitoes like to gather.
- This same “bug-off” solution sprayed directly onto ants will usually eliminate them on contact without using any toxic chemicals. Perfect for picnics.
- Fill a 10 ml rollerball with 10 drops Purification and 10 drops Lavender for an after-bite roll-on to help with
- Add 4 drops directly to the laundry detergent before washing a load of clothes for a fresh, clean scent every time.
- Dilute 50/50 with V-6 Carrier oil and rub on throat and chest along with RC as needed.
- Dilute 1:15 with V-6 Carrier oil (or your favorite carrier oil) for a body massage.
- Add 4-5 drops to Epsom salt for a soothing bath.
- Apply a drop to blemishes to help with clear skin.
My Day 7 Challenge to you is this: Keep a bottle of Purification next to your washing machine and try a few drops added directly to the detergent of your next load. Take note of how your clothes smell when you take them out of the dryer!
Also, try this:
Purification™ blend contains these popular essential oils:
- Mlealeuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree)
Oil Safety and Interactions:
- Be sure to dilute with a carrier oil if skin sensitivity occurs.
- Do not ingest Purification oil.
- Do not apply to babies or small children.
- Like ALL essential oils, keep out of reach of children so they don’t accidentally swallow it. Call 911 immediately if this happens.
- Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes.
- If you are taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
- Do not store above room temperature.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, diagnose or cure disease.
CONTINUE THE CHALLENGE…