Day 8 of the 14 Day Essential Oil Challenge is here! Today we’re talking about Panaway oil.
First let me explain something that is different about this oil. See how it has a safety cap on it unlike the other bottles? That’s because it contains Wintergreen essential oil, which can be toxic if ingested in large amounts. The safety cap is on this bottle to help prevent any accidental ingestion by children. I want to take a minute to stress this point – ALWAYS keep ALL essential oils out of reach of children, especially ages 7 and under who might not understand that these oils are very powerful. I treat all essential oils with respect and care, just as I would with any other chemicals that I keep in my kitchen or bathroom cabinets. We never want any of our oils to cause any harm, so be sure to lock them up until your kids are old enough to understand how to use them properly.
Let’s see how you can use it safely:
SAFE WAYS TO USE PANAWAY ESSENTIAL OIL:
- Aromatically in your home diffuser or inhaling straight from the bottle
- Topically; Apply 2-4 drops as needed. Dilute 50/50 with a carrier oil. Do not use on small children or babies.
- Dietary: Do not ingest. Panaway is not a dietary oil.
So, just what is Panaway used for? One whiff of the bottle will probably give you a good clue. That wintergreen smell combined with peppermint makes me miss my Granny, who used to joke that she slept with two men besides my grandfather- Arthur and Ritis. She rubbed salves and creams on all of her joints each night before bed, and every time I smell that wintergreen smell it reminds me of her “Joe Nameth” liniments. If she were around today, she would have LOVED this oil!
Now that Spring has arrived I’m going to be outside a lot more–bending over in my garden or working in the yard– so this oil combined with Deep Relief and Ortho-Sport massage oil are some of my best friends. If you are a runner, or an avid exerciser (I will admit that I am not either of these) then this oil will become YOUR best friend, too!
Here are ten ways to use Panaway oil:
- Add 4 drops to 1 cup Epsom Salt and shake well for a relaxing muscle soak after exercising.
- Mix 2-4 drops with Ortho-Ease or Ortho-Sport massage oil for an invigorating massage after a long, hard day.
- Use as a hot compress on your neck, shoulders or back.
- Apply 1-2 drops on temples, back of neck or forehead when the stresses of life hit you hard.
- Add a few drops to a hot shower to create a muscle-loosening steam-room at home.
- Apply 2 – 4 drops mixed with a carrier oil to the bottoms of your feet for a foot massage that will make you say “Ahhhhhh”.
- Slept wrong? Apply 2-4 drops mixed with a carrier oil to any hitches in your get-along.
- Apply to the shin bones or knees after a long run.
- Kids growing fast? Apply 1-2 diluted drops to shin bones or other areas that may need some relief.
- Keep in your gym bag for after-workout cool-downs.
For today’s Challenge I want you to Google the benefits of Helichrysum oil. You probably have heard of Wintergreen, Peppermint and Clove, but Helichrysum is a new one for most folks. When I started reading up on this oil, I was BLOWN AWAY by it. Someone once jokingly told me that Helichrysum would be the oil they would pack first in their “Bug-out” bag when the Zombie Apocalypse begins. 🙂 Research it to find out why!
Panaway™ blend contains these popular essential oils:
Oil Safety and Interactions:
- Be sure to dilute 50/50 with a carrier oil if skin sensitivity occurs.
- Do not ingest Panaway oil.
- Do not apply to babies or small children.
- Like ALL essential oils, keep out of reach of children so they don’t accidentally swallow it. Call 911 immediately if this happens.
- Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. Panaway is a hot oil.
- If you are taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
- Do not store above room temperature.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, diagnose or cure disease.
CONTINUE THE CHALLENGE…