• There are many different species of Lavender. Young Living distills our Lavender essential oil from the flowering tops of Lavandula angustifolia– which is known as True Lavender. A perennial herb which is a member of the mint family.
• Lavender has been used for centuries for bathing, relaxation, cooking, and as a perfume.
• The name Lavender comes from the Latin verb, “lavare,” which means to wash.
• Lavender is drought-tolerant and can grow well in higher temperatures.
• Over 2500 years ago in Ancient Egyptian times, lavender was used during the mummification process.
• Lavender was used in Medieval times, when baths weren’t common practice, to freshen and scent clothes and bed linens.
• Most active constituents are Linalyl acetate and Linalool.
• Did you know that it takes 27 square feet of lavender plants to make one 15 ml bottle of lavender oil?!
Lavender essential oil is one of the most versatile essential oils and is ideal for creating a soothing and calming environment. I use lavender more than any other essential oil, it’s my go-to oil! Diffuse it for a fresh, clean scent and to eliminate odors. Lavender also supports healthy-looking skin and makes a great addition to any beauty routine. Lavender is also great to use on children because it is very gentle, just make sure to dilute! Did you know that pure, therapeutic-grade Lavender is the best thing to apply immediately to a burn? Learn more here!
What is the difference between Lavender Vitality and Lavender essential oil?
The Vitality oil is the same 100 percent pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil as the topical/aromatic essential oil. The difference is that Vitality is labeled specifically for dietary use and is the appropriate product to use when promoting and using oils internally.
Lavender Vitality has endless usage possibilities, especially when used in cooking. Use it in savory dishes like lamb or chicken or sweet desserts like pound cakes and shortbread. It’s great to add to jams and lemonades. Personally, my favorite way to use Lavender Vitality is taking in a capsule with Copiaba Vitality and Peppermint Vitality. I add 3 drops of each to a veggie capsule and take a few times when I am spending time outdoors.
Click here for a yummy Blueberry-Lavender ice cream recipe!
If you are interested in learning more about Young Living products or want to host a Young Living home party, please let me know! eMail me at dsagisserYL@gmail.com or call 651-283-6942.
Faithfully in wellness & abundance,
Deb Sagisser, NCBR
YL Silver #1152170