Avoid Mr. Bubble and Make your own DIY Bubble Bath that is safe!

Erin ChamerlikSkin Care


Good, clean fun – DIY Bubble Bath!

Avoid bubble bath products

with harsh and sometimes toxic ingredients, like Mr. Bubble.

Mr Bubble Toxic
Don’t fall for front-of-package marketing.
This is one of the worst products – and it is for kids!
While this product came out in 1961, it has become increasingly more toxic over the years.
“Helps Bubble You Clean and Eliminate Bathtub Ring” and “Makes Getting Clean Almost As Much Fun As Getting Dirty”


  • Sodium Laureth Sulfate, may be contaminated with 1,4-dioxane, so big bubbly risk for toxicity to brain, organs; skin irritation, hormone disruptor.
  • Cocamidopropyl Betaine, may be contaminated with impurities that cause irritation and allergic response.
  • PEG 150/PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate- The manufacturing process can result in two toxic contaminants, ethylene oxide and 1,4-dioxane. Health concerns galore: allergies, neurotoxin, cancer, hormone disruptor, skin irritant, organ toxicity.
    • Red Dye 33 from petroleum products.
    • Phenoxyethanol – skin irritation
    • Fragrance – a chemical soup of dozens to hundreds of hidden chemicals linked to everything from hormone disruption, organ toxicity, to cancer.











DIY Kids’ Bubble Bath



¾ cup water
¼ cup vegetable glycerin
¼ teaspoon sea salt
12-ounce or larger container (glass or plastic)
Pour all ingredients into a container.
Close lid tightly and shake well to thoroughly blend.
Add one half of the container to warm bath water.
Each batch makes enough for two baths.
Use within two weeks.