- ½ pound shredded chicken
- 6–8 Einkorn Tortillas (see below)
- ½ cup shredded cheese of your choice
- Homemade Green Chile Enchilada Sauce (see below)
- Prepare Homemade Green Chile Enchilada Sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread 1/3 of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9×13-inch glass baking pan.
- Dip 1 tortilla into sauce and set on plate.
- Place desired amount of shredded chicken and cheese on tortilla and roll up.
- Place tortilla in baking dish.
- Repeat steps 3–5 for remaining tortillas.
- Pour remaining sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro on top and serve.
Homemade Green Chile Enchilada Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Gary’s True Grit Einkorn Flour (Item 5043)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Anaheim or poblano chiles, roasted and peeled, or 1 cup canned diced green chiles, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium jalapeno, finely diced (optional)
- 1 drop Black Pepper Vitality essential oil (Item 5617)
- 1 drop Oregano Vitality essential oil (Item 5594)
- 1 drop Lime Vitality essential oil (Item 5591)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cover.
- Cook until onions are soft but not brown (about 5–6 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2–3 minutes. Clumping is okay.
- Slowly add broth, whisking constantly to smooth out any lumps.
- Add cumin, chiles, salt, and jalapeno and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sauce should coat spoon but still drip off.
- Remove from heat and stir in Vitality oils.
- Add additional salt to taste, if needed.
- For a smoother consistency, blend sauce in a food processor or blender.
Einkorn Tortillas Recipe
- 2 cups Gary’s True Grit Einkorn Flour (Item 5043)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup water
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in oil and combine. Mixture should resemble coarse cornmeal.
- Add water and mix until dough holds together. Dough should feel sticky.
- Cover dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal ball-shaped pieces.
- On a lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin to flatten and stretch each ball of dough into a circle, about 7 inches across.
- Heat an ungreased skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place dough circle in skillet and cook until brown spots begin to appear.
- Flip and do the same on the other side.
- Keep cooked tortillas covered with a clean, dry towel until ready to serve.
- For a customized flavor, add 1–2 drops of your favorite Vitality essential oil to the water. We suggest Oregano Vitality, Black Pepper Vitality, or Lime Vitality.
Just select your Starter Kit and you start saving 24% immediately. Our Premium Starter Kits are a fantastic deal because they come with 11 5ml bottles of essential oils, samples, accessories and an essential oil diffuser!