How about a chicken recipe tonight! Young Living Vitality essential oil, chicken, and lemon make a perfect combination! This roast chicken is sure to be a crowd pleaser and what wonderful leftovers for yummy, healthy lunches.
This delicious recipe is one way you can use this month’s FREE Oregano Vitality, as well Lemon and Thyme Vitality. Remember that when cooking with Vitality essential oils, because of their potency, we recommend using only 1-2 drops at first, or even the toothpick method: Stick a toothpick through the oil dropper to absorb the oil, then swirl the toothpick through wet ingredients. Give it a taste, and gradually add more flavor to your liking.
So here is what you’ll need to make this great recipe.
• 1 whole chicken
• 1 lemon, sliced
• 1 onion, sliced
• 1 drop Oregano Vitality
• 1 drop Lemon Vitality
• 1 drop Thyme Vitality
• Salt and pepper to taste
• ½ cup organic butter or ghee
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
2. Rinse your chicken with cold water inside and out, and dry well with paper towels.
3. Place lemon and onion slices in the bottom of an oven-safe skillet or roasting pan and in the cavity of the chicken.
4. Mix the Oregano Vitality, Lemon Vitality, Thyme Vitality, and butter together with the salt and pepper in a small bowl.
5. Rub half of your oil mix under the skin of the breast side and back side. Rub the remaining mix on the outside of your chicken. Using some kitchen twine, tie up the chicken legs and wings. This makes for more uniform cooking.
6. Place your chicken breast-side-up in the pan. Place in your preheated oven, and immediately reduce the heat to 375 degrees.
7. Roast your chicken for approximately 20 minutes per pound, or until the temperature of the breast meat registers at 180 degrees.
8. Remove the chicken from the oven, and let rest for 10 minutes in the pan. After the chicken has cooled, remove to a cutting board and let rest for an additional 10 minutes before carving. Enjoy!
If you’ve never tried cooking with our essential oils this is a great recipe to start.