Summer often means cookouts, parties, and potlucks. Finding a simple, fun, yet healthy alternative can be a challenge.
These yummy Thai-style lettuce wraps will provide a refreshing new addition to your events. The best part? They’ll take only 20 minutes to make. Try these out at your next party or for any casual get-together!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken, turkey, or chopped mushrooms for a vegetarian option
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 drops Ginger Vitality™ essential oil
- 1 drop Basil Vitality™ essential oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
- Spritz cabbage, red pepper, green onions, and lettuce with Thieves Fruit & Veggie Spray, rinse, and cut.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet until very hot. Add ground chicken or turkey and cook about 3 minutes on medium-high heat until it begins to brown.
- Add red curry paste, garlic, diced peppers, cabbage, and water chestnuts and stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add hoisin sauce and green onions and toss.
- Stir in Ginger Vitality and Basil Vitality essential oils.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a bowl.
- To serve, place spoonfuls of filling into pieces of lettuce.