Basil has a strong, spicy aroma that is invigorating to the spirit, bringing a sense of balance and calms the mind.
It is mostly used for respiratory, muscular and joint support, but what makes the oil so much more powerful than the leaves is simply the potency. The compounds found in the oil of the steam distilled leaves, stems and flowers are much greater than what we find in dried or even fresh leaves.
– Soothes sore muscles and joints
– Assists with clear breathing
– Acts as a cooling agent for the skin
– Promotes mental alertness and lessens occasional anxious feelings
Popular Uses of Basil Essential Oil
– Diffuse to sharpen focus while studying or reading.
– Apply to minor skin irritations. For sensitive skin, dilute with V-6 or any other carrier oil.
– Apply to fatigued or sore muscles and joints.
– Diffuse or apply topically to promote clear breathing (yes, it just might make you hungry for pizza).
– Use basil essential oils topically on the feet to fight fatigue.
– Use 1-3 drops in a recipe in place of fresh or dried basil for flavor.
– Use aromatically or massage over the wrists when feeling scared or nervous.
Inspiration for Using Basil Essential Oil
– Add 2 drops each Basil Vitality and Peppermint Vitality into 2 quarts of Iced tea for a refreshing drink (please use a glass pitcher).
– For a Household Cleaning Spray, combine in a glass spray bottle:
2 cups of filtered water
1 cup of white vinegar
20+ drops of lemon essential oil
15+ drops of basil essential oil
– For a focus and study aid try diffusing drops Lemon, 3 drops Basil and 2 drops Rosemary essential oil.
– Help boost your milk supply by adding a drop of basil essential oil over each breast (avoid nipple area) once a day.
Bring the taste of Italy to your dining table with this easy-to-prepare dipping oil recipe! Serve as an appetizer, as a side at dinner or anytime as a tasty snack.
In this recipe we have the bold flavors of Oregano, Basil, Thyme and Rosemary essential oils.
Just one drop packs a full-bodied flavor since these essential oils are several times more concentrated than the original herb.
Have some fun with flavor and experiment with these other oils in the Vitality line!
Want another yummy recipe on BASIL?
Precautions of Basil Essential Oil
Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
Do you have any great recipes or dipping oil combinations?
Share your secrets in the comments!