BOOOOOOO… oh how “sweet” these are to serve our little ones a healthy snack that they will have fun eating;)
Boo-nanas with Lemon Essential Oil
Time: 15 minutes active; 30 minutes inactive
8 popsicle sticks
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 drop lemon essential oil
16 mini chocolate chips
1. Peel bananas, and cut them in half. Then cut the halves lengthwise.
2. Carefully stick a popsicle stick in each banana, and then lay the bananas on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper.
3. Place the cookie sheet with the bananas on it in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, mix together the yogurt and lemon essential oil in a glass. Note: You can use any flavor of Greek yogurt you desire; just choose one that is white in color and that goes well with the lemon flavor. We used both blueberry and strawberry yogurt with delicious results.
5. Remove the bananas from the freezer, and dip each of them in the glass of yogurt—turning until fully coated.
6. Return the bananas to the waxed paper, laying them on their backs, and place two mini chocolate chips near the top of each banana for eyes.
7. Once all of the bananas are done, return them to the freezer until ready to serve.
8. Enjoy these darling boo-nanas as a delicious and healthy frozen Halloween treat!
Try substituting the Greek yogurt with melted white chocolate for a sweeter Halloween treat!
Enjoy and Happy Oiling
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and are not intended to treat, diagnose, or cure disease. I am a Mom and Gusta(means Grandma) , who is trying to travel down a natural road on a journey towards a healthier lifestyle, and have chosen to use Essential Oils to get there! You must use your own judgment for you and your family;)