- Top Uses for Lavender Essential Oil
- Occasional stress
- Reduces mental stress and promotes alertness
- Calming and relaxing
- Promotes a restful nights sleep
- Assists with mild mood changes with menstrual cycle
- Promotes healthy skin
- DIY homemade linen spray (add 10 drops to a spray bottle of water)
- May be used as a deodorant
- Place a few drops on a cotton ball and use in linen closet to scent linens
- Use a few drops in the Bath. (Great for kids or Mom to unwind)
- Makes a refreshing nasal irrigation rinse. For a rinse, add 1 drop oil in your salt you use and then add salt to the water. Since oil and water don’t mix, adding to salt first will emulsify oil better into the water.
- Place a drop in a new (non-waterproof) Mascara tube for lovely lashes!
- Add 3-5 drops to Wool dryer balls
- Drop on pillow at night
- Diffuse or apply topically to unwind as it’s relaxing, comforting and calming
- Maintains and supports restful sleep
- Great to moisturize for healthy-looking skin.
- Diffuser combos with other oils in the Spring can really freshen up your home and mood.
- Use with frankincense in a carrier oil (jojoba) as face serum
- Use a drop in your facial moisturizer.
- Can complement most of your favorite shampoos, liquid soaps, linen sprays, lotions, or skin care system
- Add a drop to shaving cream
- The skin is the largest organ of elimination – lavender helps support that normal process
- Great for use topically during menstrual cycles
- Emotions: abandonment, feelings of insecurity
Lavender essential oil is a key ingredient in Young Living’s supplement softgel called “SleepEssence” which promotes healthy sleep patterns.
Where Should I Apply Lavender?
Lavender can be applied topically pretty much any place on your body that is in need of the benefits that come from using lavender.
- Some common places are:
- Behind the ears
- Back of your neck
- Rim of your ears
- Either side of your nose (sinuses)
- Bottom of the feet
There are many other ways to use Lavender, these were just a few… I will be adding recipes and DIY ideas in future blogs;)
Coming Up Next: DiGize
Disclaimer: This information is for educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and are not intended to treat, diagnose, or cure disease. Information applies ONLY to Young Living Essential Oils.