I like a good scrub to use in the shower. I never feel like my face is fully clean until it’s been exfoliated and since I one morning noticed my chest starting to get all wrinkly (ugh and ew) I’m also careful to scrub that part of my body as well. The challenge is that, of course, most commercial scrubs contain some of the toxins I’m trying to eradicate from our home and some contain microbeads, which are terrible for the environment. So, what’s a girl to do?
Make her own scrub, duh!
This scrub can be made in a matter of minutes, smells amazing, and does wonders for my mood, face, and body. It’s cheap to make and I love that fact that I know exactly what goes into it. The scrub is sugar and sweet almond oil based and contains some Vitamin E oil for extra moisturizing as well as a trio of Essential Oils that are great for skin care.
Essential Oil Infused Exfoliating Sugar Scrub
Sugar Scrub Ingredients:
- 1.5 Cups of Raw Sugar
- 1/3 Cup of Sweet Almond Oil** (if you are allergic to almonds you can use avocado or olive oil instead)
- 1/2 tsp of Vitamin E Oil**
- Essential Oils
- 20 drops of Young Living Grapefruit EO* (Good for cleansing skin and does wonders on your spirits in the morning)
- 20 drops of Young Living Citrus Fresh EO blend* (Blend of citrus and spearmint oils. Fresh and clean)
- 10 drops of Frankincense EO* (The magic skin oil. Firms and rejuvenates skin. Not recommended if pregnant)
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl before storing in glass containers. Use daily on your face and body.
* Please note: Statements made on this website about Young Living Essential Oils have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products and information are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from disease or injury should consult with a physician. I am not a medical professional. Information is for educational purposes only.
** If you purchase anything from Amazon after clicking this link, I will receive a small commission and be eternally grateful to you!
*** Wondering why Young Living and not any other brand? Young Living has a meticulous, five-step approach that allows them to deliver nature’s most potent and pure essential oils from their farms to your family. Young Living does not purchase their oils from 3rd party distilleries, and their Seed to Seal production ensures that their oils are authentic and the purest oils you can find anywhere in the world.