Why a Sleep Support Linen Spray
More than anything else, sleep, or rather the lack of sleep, can utterly derail a day. No matter how motivated you are or how much you have to get done, if you haven’t gotten enough sleep, you’re going to struggle. Lack of sleep affects mood, attitude, productivity, and so much more.
If you struggle with getting enough sleep, you’re not alone. In 2016 a Consumer Reports survey of 4,023 U.S. adults showed that 27% of people had trouble falling asleep or staying asleep most nights. The same survey showed that a whopping 68% struggle with sleep at least once a week.
That’s a whole lot of sleepy people out there.
Of course, there are a ton of over-the-counter sleep-aids as well as many prescription sleep-aids, but that’s not a solution most people want to rely on on a regular basis. If you’re one of those people, I have fantastic news for you. Essential oils offer a wonderful way to ease yourself into sleep.
Since I started using Essential oils, one of my favorite things to do is to diffuse a little Young Living Stress Away and Lavender in my bedroom before bed. Stress Away already contains Lavender, but I like to add a little more to increase the smell. Lavender is well known to improve the quality of sleep and to be both calming and relaxing, a little extra can do no harm!
I turn on the diffuser, go brush my teeth, come back into the room, and lie down. Within minutes I can feel the stress seeping out of me.*
I know that some people sleep with their diffuser going all night, personally, I’d rather not, but I still want to smell my magic sleep blend as I drift off to sleep! I’ve come up with the perfect solution. DIY sleep-the-night-away Essential Oil Linen Spray! (This makes a wonderful gift for friends or anyone you’d like to introduce to Young Living Essential Oils.)
How to Make a Sleep Support Linen Spray
- Small spray bottles**
- 1 tbsp Witch Hazel
- 8 drops Young Living Stress Away***
- 8 drops Young Living Lavender***
- Distilled water
- Add the witch hazel and essential oil drops to the bottle and shake well. The witch hazel acts as an emulsifier that will allow the oils to mix with the water.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water. You can use regular water, but distilled water is best to prevent contamination or spoilage from impurities found in tap water.
- Screw the top onto your bottle and shake well, then, at bedtime, spray onto pillows or the sheets on your bed, relax, and sleep.
Alternative Oils for Linen Spray
Not a fan of Stress Away or Lavender? There are a lot of other great essential oils that can support sleep. Use one or more in whatever combination appeals to you!
- Vetiver: Helps your brain ‘shut off’ and is calming and good for helping people cope with stress
- Roman Chamomile: Calming, soothing, relaxing, has been known to help combat insomnia and stress.
- Ylang ylang: Reduces anxiety, helps to filter out negative energy and restore confidence and peace.
- Bergamot: Emotionally balancing, helps to relieve anxiety and uplift mood.
- Sandalwood or Cedarwood: Known to stimulate the pineal gland which releases melatonin, enhances deep sleep.
- Marjoram: Helps to calm nerves and encourages peaceful sleep.
- Angelica: Helps to release negative feelings, calming.
- Frankincense: Promotes feelings of peace, relaxation, and satisfaction. Also known to enhance the properties of other essential oils, so great addition to any blend!
- Peace and Calming: Relaxing blend that helps you unwind and find peace.
* Please note: Statements made on this website about Young Living Essential Oils have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products and information are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from disease or injury should consult with a physician. I am not a medical professional. Information is for educational purposes only.
** If you purchase anything from Amazon after clicking this link, I will receive a small commission and be eternally grateful to you!
*** Wondering why Young Living and not any other brand? Young Living has a meticulous, five-step approach that allows them to deliver nature’s most potent and pure essential oils from their farms to your family. Young Living does not purchase their oils from 3rd party distilleries, and their Seed to Seal production ensures that their oils are authentic and the purest oils you can find anywhere in the world.