What’s wrong with Tap Water?
The EPA has not set a new drinking water standard since 2001.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulates about 100 contaminants in our tap water, but a study conducted by the Environmental Working Group (EWG) found over 300 harmful contaminants in tap water serving over 53.6 million Americans.
Harmful contaminants in our unregulated drinking water include:
– Disinfection byproducts
– Perchlorate (rocket fuel – read the Greenmedinfo.com exposure on “Perchlorate Gate”)
– MTBE (gasoline additive)
– Prescription drug residue like anti-depressants & hormones from birth control.
– Increasingly omnipresent radionuclides like Uranium-238
In case you don’t know, disinfection byproducts are carcinogens which are produced when drinking water-disinfectants like chlorine and chloramine react with naturally-occurring or decaying matter in the water to form byproducts that pose serious health risks. An astounding 600+ have been identified in standard municipal tap water!
Nitrogen and phosphorus from agricultural runoff contaminate our groundwater supply posing health risks.
A study by the EWG found that over 43 million Americans in 42 states drink water that is polluted with chromium, much of it likely being in the carcinogenic form of Chromium-6.
What’s wrong with typical fridge & pitcher filters?
They are filters, not purifiers. Most pitcher and refrigerator filters are only designed to make your water smell, look, or taste better, but not necessarily safer, which is of primary importance. Filters remove simple chemicals like chlorine, but may leave behind a toxic chemical concoction for you to drink.
What’s wrong with bottled water?
According to the Pacific Institute, it takes over 17 million barrels of oil to produce the plastic required for bottled waters consumed by Americans in a year, which is enough oil to fuel more than 1 million cars for an entire year.
The Pacific Institute estimates that it takes 3 liters of water to create 1 liter of bottled water.
Over 73 billion half-liter bottles of water are consumed in the US per year. Only 29% are recycled, meaning 50 billion bottles end up in landfills or polluting our waterways.
The recommended eight glasses of water a day (1460 pints). At $.25 a pint (if you buy at Costco) that will cost you $365 a year. At a $1.00 a bottle at a convenience store that’s $1460.
And that’s not to mention the plastic chemicals that leach into the bottled water!
What’s right about AquaTru™?
With AquaTru™, your water isn’t just filtered….it’s purified.
Affordable and easy to maintain. No installation is necessary. It utilizes patent-pending TruPure™ reverse osmosis technology for nearly 4X the efficiency of regular RO systems. The 4-step reverse osmosis filtration process includes:
1. Mechanical Pre-Filter: Removes sediments and cloudiness (turbidity) from water
2. Reverse Osmosis Pre-Filter: Removes more than 99% of chlorine and chloramine which can damage the RO filter
3. High Efficiency US-Made Reverse Osmosis Membrane: Takes out metallic ions, salts, viruses, pollutants, drugs, etc.
The Japanese RO membrane manufacturer’s data shows it removes the following contaminants:
Arsenic = 95.00%
Asbestos = 95.00%
Barium = 99.90%
Chlorine = 99.90%
Chloramine = 99.00%
Cadmium = 99.00%
Copper = 99.00%
Chromium (hexavalent) = 99.00%
Cysts (cryptosporidium & giardia) = 99.99%
Fluoride = 90.00%
Lead = 99.00%
Mercury = 99.00%
MTBE = 90.00%
Nitrates = 90.00%
Perchlorate = 90.00%
Mike Adams of NaturalNews used ICP-MS instrumentation to assess the unit’s ability to remove heavy metals and radionuclides and found it removed the following:
Aluminum reduction = 92.99%
Copper reduction = 99.79%
Arsenic reduction = 99.90%
Strontium reduction = 98.80%
Cadmium reduction = 100.00%
Cesium reduction = 100.00%
Mercury reduction = 100.00%
Lead reduction = 99.90%
Uranium reduction = 100.00%
4. Activated Coconut Shell Carbon Filter: “Polishes” the water and removes any remaining volatile organic compounds (toxic gases)
5. Bisphenol Free, Non-Estrogenic Material Used (Tritan™): AquaTru™ uses Tritan™ copolyester material, which is the same material used by the Vitamix and Nutribullet and which was evaluated by 3rd-party research to be free of estrogenic and androgenic activity in 2012 (email us for the research document: email@example.com). Also, Tritan™ copolyester material is free of not only bisphenol A, but all bisphenols, e.g. bisphenols S, F, M, etc.
The filter features a compact footprint; sits easily on your counter or under any standard kitchen cabinet. Its easy-to-use dispensing button makes filling up your glass or water bottle fast & convenient. The removable dispensing tank can be stored in the fridge for cold drinking water. The digital display tells you when it’s time to change filters. The filters last two years or more. The unit is completely portable, so you can take it with you if you move.
We all need to drink water – a lot of it. What are you doing to make sure it’s safe, pure and healthy? Make sure you get the full story before choosing what goes into your body, what comes out of your pocketbook and what’s best for the world around you!