Busy? Want something interesting to eat that you can make in less than an hour?
Try this delicious & healthy recipe that I’ve tweaked from an Instant Pot cookbook I recently bought to help me learn my Instant Pot. If you haven’t got an IP… put it on your wish list (after your YL oils of course). This will save you soooooooooo much time.
Instant Pot is pressure cooker meets slow cooker. All I can tell you is that every single thing I’ve made in it has been delicious. I can’t always say the same for my crock pot meals… some are not as tasty. Just sayin’.
Spiced Coconut Chicken & Rice with Lime Vitality oil
Prep: 10 mins Pressure:17mins Total: 45 mins Pressure level High, release quick, natural
- 1 Tbs olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 onion cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 med garlic cloves, minced (I like a little extra)
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 2 lbs boneless/ skinless chicken thighs (I use CostCo pack of organic)
- good sea salt (has mineral content listed on label)
- freshly ground black pepper (might try a drop of Black Pepper Vitality next time)
- 1 (14oz) can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/3 cup jasmine rice rinsed (I didn’t have and use Basmati instead and that worked)
- 2 Tbs cilantro leaves plus stems, stems and leaves divided (I LOVE cilantro and used more)
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 lime ….I used Lime Vitality oil 2 drops to cook chicken, 2 drops to cook rice
- Select saute on high heat, add oil.
- once hot, add onion & ginger, saute for 2 mins. Add garlic, curry powder, turmeric and stir/ cook 1 minute.
- add chicken & season with salt & pepper. Add coconut milk + water + 2 drops Lime Vitality oil. Secure lid
- Select Manual, cook 13 mins high pressure.
- When cooking is complete use quick release. Transfer chicken to platter.
- Add rice, chopped cilantro stems, sugar, 2 drops Lime Vitality oil. Secure lid. Select Manual, cook high pressure for 4 minutes.
- when rice is cooked, select Cancel and let naturally release about 10 minutes. Release any remaining steam before opening.
- Add chick back to pot, *could add juice of half of lime. Stir and season with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls topped with cilantro leaves and lime wedges.
*** I might add some cayenne to this dish to add a spice dimension next time… We like it hot in our family.
Would you like to know a little bit about Lime Vitality essential oil?
Lime (Citrus latifolia) Vitality™ essential oil is prized for its ability to bring a unique citrus flavor and delicious zing to any food or beverage. Adding a few drops of Lime Vitality essential oil to your dishes is the perfect way to elevate your cooking.
Young Living Lime Vitality oil is versatile and concentrated, making it an important ingredient in one of our most popular blends, Stress Away™. Whether you’re stirring it into drinks for a bright burst of flavor or giving your food a little extra citrus zip, Lime Vitality essential oil is a welcome kick of summer that you can enjoy year-round.
- Add 1 drop of Lime Vitality to a vegetarian gel capsule and take daily or as needed as a dietary supplement.
- Combine Lime Vitality essential oil with olive oil to use as a marinade for meat and veggies.
- Include a drop to your stir fry to bring dimension and add a great depth of flavor.
- Add a little Lime Vitality oil to berry dishes to complement their natural sweetness
- Enjoy staying hydrated and add variety by infusing your water with a drop or two of Lime Vitality (*** this is extra yummy)
- I add a drop to my matcha green tea each morning = so delicious and the aroma is so uplifting.
- Try a drop in your freshly juiced juices or your morning smoothie.
This is a “must have” in the kitchen. 😎