A great oil to diffuse when studying or doing homework, Helichrysum has a stimulating aroma that no home should be without.
Fun Fact: Helichrysum gets its name from the Greek word helios, which means sun, and chrysos, which means gold. This description refers to the beautiful golden color of the flowers.
Here are some uses for Helichrysum:
- Known as the Immortal or Everlasting Flower, Helichrysum holds many benefits for skin. With this reputation, Helichrysum is used in many anti-aging products, and can help target aging spots. If you want to enlist the help of Helichrysum essential oil in your anti-aging skincare routine, apply the oil to your face daily to target fine lines and wrinkles. Helichrysum oil can be used to help promote healthy skin cell regeneration and a glowing, youthful complexion. So whether you apply the oil directly to your face or add it to your favorite facial cleanser, it can help give you the glow you need.
- Due to its significant benefits, many people use Helichrysum oil for skin—particularly when it comes to shaving. With soothing and rejuvenating benefits, Helichrysum essential oil is a key part of an effective Razor Relief Serum that will leave your skin feeling fresh and clean after every shave. Combined with some of the best essential oils for skin, Frankincense, Lavender, Melaleuca, and Myrrh, Helichrysum oil works to soothe razor bumps and other irritations that are left behind after shaving. To make your own essential oil razor relief serum at home, try this DIY recipe:
1/2 cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
1/4 cup rosewater
5 drops Frankincense essential oil
5 drops Lavender essential oil
5 drops Melaleuca essential oil
5 drops Helichrysum essential oil
5 drops Myrrh essential oil
Add essential oils and shake.
To use, spray directly on skin or place 2-3 pumps in palms and rub on affected skin.
- Because of its chemical makeup, Helichrysum essential oil is known to have calming, soothing properties. The presence of chemical components called esters contribute to Helichrysum oil’s calming characteristics—making it the perfect oil for when you want to create a soothing sensation. When your body could use a little pacifying, massage Helichrysum essential oil on the back of the neck for a soothing sensation.
- While Helichrysum oil is well-known for its ability to help in anti-aging efforts, the oil has a myriad of benefits that apply to the skin. When you want to combat acne and promote a glowing complexion, Helichrysum essential oil is a helpful companion that will improve the appearance of the skin. Remember, when applying any essential oil directly to the skin, consider the strength and potency of the oil, as well as your personal skin sensitivity. To avoid skin irritation, consider diluting Helichrysum oil with fractionated coconut oil before applying to the face or body.
- When you want an energizing massage, Helichrysum essential oil can be used to promote vitality. Consider using Helichrysum oil for your next full body massage to provide a soothing sensation, along with a herbaceous, energizing aroma.
- Another use of Helichrysum oil for skin is on those days when you’ve spent a little too much time in the sun. Whether you laid out by the pool for a little too long, or your afternoon hike was sunnier than you expected, Helichrysum essential oil can be used as a sun soother to calm irritated skin. Keep a bottle of Helichrysum on hand when traveling to particularly sunny or warm climates, in case of too much sun exposure.
Oils that blend well with Helichrysum oil
When using Helichrysum during your skincare routine, remember that it mixes well with other essential oils that are good for the skin like Melaleuca, Myrrh, Frankincense, and Lavender.
If you are looking to order Helichrysum or any other oil please go to the home page of this site or feel free to contact me. I recommend the Premium Starter Kit to anyone looking to start with Essential Oils. Helichrysum does not come in the kit, but if you add another $200 worth of product to your initial order you will get it and the other oils shown below for free in January 2017.
Note: There are Amazon affiliate links in this post. They do not cost you anything to purchase through them, but they do help my family with putting meals on our table and to help us to be charitable to others. Please consider purchasing through my links. Do NOT purchase oils through Amazon, though, please be cautious with where you get your oils due to purity!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products and information on Oils for Seven are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent ANY disease. A decision to use/not use this information is the sole responsibility of the reader. Please see your vet, doctor or health care professional for medical evaluation for yourself or your animals.