Since Young Living strives to always provide the best quality oils with the most possible active molecular components, they sometimes need to substitute essential oils that come in your Premium Starter Kit. They don’t want to hold-up shipping out your kit. They also will not compromise quality just to have all the oils available. For example, in my mom’s kit, they subbed tea tree for Digize. I’ll go over the oil options they may sub with so you’ll have an idea how you can use them.
Tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia)
- cleansing, great for first-aid
- found in many skincare and spa products
- Diffuse for a clean scent
- Rub a few drops on feet and toe nails when needed
- Great to apply to irritated skin and blemishes to promote healing
- Dilution isn’t required, except for the most sensitive skin
- Pressed from the rind and contains the naturally occurring constituent d-limonene.
- Add a few drops of orange vitality to whipped honey butter
- Diffuse alone or with other oils for a refreshing and uplifting aromatic experience
- Some people like to diffuse 3 drops orange with 3 drops lavender for a calming blend
- Diffuse a mix of 2 drops bergamot, 2 drop lemon, 2 drop orange or 2 drops orange and 3 drops of peppermint for an energizing blend
- Add a few drops of orange vitality to water with a tiny bit of himalayan salt (the salt helps to distribute the oil in the water)
- Soothing blend containing peppermint, spearmint, ginger, cardamom, and fennel.
- Diffuse to create a calm and relaxing environment, especially on long car rides.
- Apply a few drops to abdomen in clockwise circular motions, the neck, and chest.
- Bright lemony-scent
- Can be cleansing, calming, and purifying
- Dilute and apply to the body for occasional achiness. This oil is warming on the skin.
- Is a key ingredient in Ortho-Sport massage oil, which soothes muscles
- Diffuse 5 drops lemongrass, 3 drops orange, 1 drop peppermint
- DIY scrub: Mix 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil, 4 drops lavender oil, and 8 drops lemongrass oil. Scrub in the bath or shower.
- Diffuse for a clean, fresh scent
- Put a few drops Citrus Fresh vitality in water (with a tiny pinch of himalayan salt
- This blend contains Orange, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Lemon, Mandarin, and Spearmint essential oils
- Add a few drops to natural lotion or carrier oil and apply to smooth skin
- Add to epsom salt for a fragrant bath
All of these items are wonderful additions after you get comfortable with the oils in the Premium Starter Kit. If you are ready to get a kit click here. Happy oiling!