In this blog, I’d like to share with you a way that will help you set up goals so that you can truly be healthy, fit and energetic for a lifetime. Are you ready to live the life you have always desired and that God desires for you as well? If so… read on. But don’t only read…. Take out a piece of paper and answer the questions and formulate your commitments on that piece of paper. You can do it, empowered by the Holy Spirit.
STEPS TO VIBRANT HEALTH
1.Evaluate your current habits.
a) Exercise – Do you exercise daily? If so, what do you do? Do you include cardio, as well as strength-enhancing exercises and flexibility routines?
b) Nutrition – When do you eat? Not only is WHAT we eat important, but when we eat it that counts. Do you eat mostly organic foods, drink organic raw whole milk and lots of water, and eat meats that come from healthy animals? Do you tend to eat a lot of sugar and sugar-laden foods and beverages? Do you consume artificial sweeteners like NutraSweet and Splenda?
c) Sleep – Do you get enough sleep each night? Do you go to bed and get up roughly at the same time each day? What nightly routine do you currently follow?
d) What products do you currently use at home? Do you know if the ingredients enhance your health, without compromising it in any way?
e) Do you have a lot of stress in your life? What activities cause the most stress? How do you deal with it?
2. Decide how you can improve in each area
3. Commit to a plan of action Write it down, sign it and date it.
4. Decide what products you will need to invest in monthly and commit to doing it
– Exercise equipment or programs? Will you workout in a gym or at home? Remember to include cardio, strength-training and flexibility exercises throughout the week. All three areas are necessary for a good program. I personally do and recommend BeachBody programs; I am not a BeachBody coach, though, I just use some of their videos on a regular basis. You might want to find a coach. I would recommend Christy Underwood if you are in central NE.
– Foods and beverages? Decide to lower your sugar intake and never use artificial sweeteners. Go for foods and beverages that are not processed; organic, non-processed foods are the very best for us (a note on milk: raw whole milk is best; if you can’t get it in your area, then I recommend finding a different way to get your calcium and magnesium)
-Supplements? We will usually fall short in the nutrition area, so choosing supplements that will help our body fill the gap that our nutrition program leaves behind will be very helpful for us in the long run. I personally like the following supplements the most: NingXia Red, NingXia Nitro, OmegaGize, Sulfurzyme, Life 5, BLM, Super Cal, Longevity, Multi-greens, Super C, and a few others that are offered by Young Living Essential Oils.
– Personal use products? My favorite brand – the one we use at home and therefore highly recommend – is Young Living Essential Oils. They offer a program called Essential Rewards Program that will basically reward you with points that you can redeem towards the high quality products they offer, including stuff like shampoos, conditioners, lotions, deodorant, toothpaste, mouthwash and household cleaner.
Decide also how much time you will invest in yourself daily and what you will do. Taking care of ourselves daily goes a long way to prevent sickness, which is a lot easier than fixing our body when it is already broken.