I love making lip balm with my friend Ami. Its one of the things we like to do when we hang out. We’ve tried a couple of different recipes but here is my favorite!
- 3 tablespoons of Cocoa Butter. I get mine from amazon. Organic & raw is best. This is the one I used
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax
- 1/2 tablespoon of jojoba oil (I like the glossy look so I add a little bit more)
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops of grapefruit essential oil
1. Melt all the wax, oil and butter in a double boiler on a low heat. Nothing fancy, just a glass bowl over a sauce pan.
2. When everything is melted add the essential oils and stir them in
3. Pour carefully into tins and let them set. I use a dropper so I don’t make too much of a mess.
I found these labels on amazon too. I was able to set up a template and create fun ones!
Spoil your friends this summer by making a batch and giving each one of them a lip balm.