Its inevitable around the holidays. We don’t eat as well as we should, we have a million things to do, combined with the stress of pulling it altogether can crash your immune system and before you know it, the throat starts, the sniffles start and you are madder than a hatter!
Here are some simple things to do to get you back on your feet in no time.
1. Unburden your body. Your own immune system will do all of the work, but we need to help it along and get anything else out of the way.
- Reduce chemical exposure: Laundry detergent, perfumes, cleaners and personal care products. Your body has to process the chemicals we are exposed to and limiting them will help your body do what it needs to do to support you immune system.
- Eat clean. Limit processed foods which add to your body burden. Try making a bone broth to add minerals back into your system.
- Add a drop of Thieves vitality and a drop of Lemon vitality to hot water for an immune supporting tea.
2. Try a bath with one cup of Epsom salts and one cup of baking soda. Soak for 12-20 minutes to pull out impurities. Add a couple of drops of lavender or purification for a spa like feel.
3. Avoid Sugar! Sugar crashes the immune system and therefore can’t do what you need it to do.
4. Get 8 hours of sleep. Get to bed before 10pm. You’re body needs the time to recover.
5. Manage Stress. Stress causes inflammation in the body which challenges the immune system. instead of reaching for the chocolate, fast food or wine, try applying stress away or Joy to help manage emotional stress.
6. Try drinking some bone broth. Worth it to add the nutrients your body needs
Stay well !