So by now, you know I am a little girl scout and like to be prepared. 😉
Whether you are at the end of your rope and can’t wait for the kids to go back to school or are going to miss them dearly, you have a few weeks to cherish your time together before the back to school mad rush happens. Enjoy your last few weeks and do something fun. Visit the water park, be creative and do something crafty, read a book together, marathon at the movies. Before long, you will be running your rear off; getting backpacks and supplies, coordinating schedules and car pools. Dinner over homework debate, trying to get kids up in the morning. I don’t know how you do it. Thank goodness there is Stress Away. In fact, I may need some just thinking about you.
So your kids are going back to school. Plan now so you aren’t going crazy in the last few days running around like a chicken with your head cut off. I promise you will be grateful.
So here are some tips to keep you (and them sane) in the transition of leisurely summer days to structured fall.
- Apply a drop of peppermint on the shower wall to wake them up in the morning. Or simply diffusing citrus and peppermint in the morning will keep everyone’s attitude on the positive side. Valor or Valor II can help with boosting confidence and courage if your darlings are starting a new class or are nervous about going back to school.
- Peppermint, GenYus or Brain Power are good choices to diffuse during homework time to keep your young ‘uns focused on getting things done.
- Apply a drop of joy over your heart to take away any blue feelings. It works on everyone.
- Thieves is a must have. Class rooms are like little petri dishes and given your experience from every other year, the sickness bug starts about a week or so after your kids have been back to school. am I right? Keep you and your kids healthy and support your immune system by applying thieves to their feet every morning before school. You will be glad you did when you get the letter from the school with some creep and crud flying around. Its worth you having a Bottle of Inner Defense, RC and a Bag of Thieves Cough drops to keep that immune system super healthy. While you are at it, Make sure Digize is in your cupboard. you never want to be without this one at this time of year. Just Sayin’ 😎
- Back to school comes gym bags that can be a bit smelly if your kids aren’t as diligent about bringing things to the laundry as you might hope they would be. Creating a simple laundry freshener will help in this situation. Also works for stinky shoes.
- Stress away for you. Its like day time wine 😉
- Peace and calming and lavender for those nights where they just don’t want to go to bed. Have you been staying up to late and your body clock is out of whack? These 2 will help with creating a calm environment before bedtime. We all know that a good nights rest makes a more pleasant day.
- One of my biggest fears is lice. I don’t know what it is about the creepy crawlies. You can add a few drops of tea tree into their shampoo to keep their hair fresh. Lice don’t like it.
- Vetiver has some good properties to help with focus. It helps calm the brain so that your kid can focus. Add a roller and roll it on the big toe any time of the day when focus is required.
- When you have been on your feet all day running around and keeping tabs on everyone, try a spa like bath with Epsom salts and Release essential oil or a foot bath with panaway Essential oil. Sometimes its time for you.
I hope the transition is a good one for you. Keep on learning kids, we are counting on you!
p.s. If you are reading this thinking, I know a mom (or a dad) that could really use this help, send her / him this blog and my contact info. I would love to help.
Or they can sign up here and start taking advantage of a healthy school year: https://www.youngliving.com/vo/#/signup/start?sponsorid=2404030&enrollerid=2404030&type=member