Essential oils are powerful substances. Because they are distilled from pure plant material, by the time they are bottled, they are potent and strong. One drop of peppermint essential oil is the equivalent of 20 cups of peppermint tea! Wowza!
Here are some tips to make them stretch a little longer. Remember essential oils work best using a little amount and frequent applications.
1. When you can’t get any more drops out of the bottle, remove the plastic dropper and top slowly. there is almost always about 2-5 more drops!
2. When you have done step 1. Open the bottle and put it in a jar with Epsom salts. Its a way to get the very last of the oil for a bath with benefits. (The Epsom salts absorb the very last bit) and you get all the benefits of Epsom salts)
3. Dilute! Panaway is great neat, but if you want to cover a larger area, consider diluting a drop of it with a tablespoon of carrier oil (coconut oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil).
4. The topically applied oils can be diluted in a carrier oil in a roller bottle for easy application. (lavender, pan-away, frankincense)
5. When you are tipping oils to add to a drink, tip only to 90 degrees as they come out fast (especially the citrus oils and frankincense) so you only get one drop and not 3!
6. When you go to the grocery store consider what you are buying and what you can make yourself.
7. Remember essential oil properties and how you can use others in the kit. If you are looking for skin support and you run out of lavender, you can use frankincense.
8. If you are looking for digestive support and run out of digize, consider peppermint.
9. If you are looking for something for sore muscles and run out of panaway, try lavender. Because essential oils are so versatile, they can be used for so many things.
10. If you need immune support and run out of Thieves, Try copaiba.
For me, my ways to save money were: Making my own face serum (for about $2.50 for a 2 months supply), Not buying any cleaning supplies (I use the Thieves cleaner), Not buying any laundry supplies, Epsom salts and oils instead of bubble bath, I make my own body scrub, and so many other fun things I am trying out all the time!
Earn Free stuff
When you sign up for essential rewards, you get 10 % back for the first 6 months, then 15% and then it increases to 20% after 12 months. So, for me spending $100, I get $20 back in free stuff. Now you might think that spending $100 on essential oils a month is a lot. I’m not actually spending more, I’m spending less and changing where I spend it. So instead of buying face wash from the store, I use Orange Blossom facewash which lasts me about 3 months. The lotion, lasts me about 2 months. I no longer buy things like: airborne, emergenC, other over the counter stuff, windex, bleach, laundry detergent, fabric softener. Now, I earn $20 a month or ($240 a year) to treat myself!
Get Money Back
If you are looking for ways to support your oil habit remember that Young Living will thank you for sharing and recommending their product by sending you a check! That’s right! When you refer a friend to Young Living and they become a Wholesale Member by purchasing a Premium Starter kit using your member number as their Enroller, YL will send you a commission . Wow! How many companies do you know who will pay you for recommending their product?
I would be happy to explain more about how this works.
Whether you are looking for additional income to pay for your oils, put towards a car payment or replace a full time income, Young Living provides that opportunity.
If you are interested in the business, the oils, or both, Young Living is the right company. Welcome!! I’m looking forward to getting to know you better!