Lets talk exercise. We know we should do it. Believe me, there are times when I would much rather hang out at home with Netflix and the couch, but that’s not going to contribute to my older years. (although there are times, when doing that is good for your soul). Its all about moderation right?
We joined a new gym recently and I am getting back into the swing of things after way too much time off. Its really quite fun. I’ve been some form of an athlete all my life. I played netball as a kid in the UK (Google it, its my absolutely favorite team sport). over the last few years I’ve been challenging myself at the Spartan races. There is something very freeing about running and rolling around in mud 🙂
So what essential oils are best for exercise?
- Lemon Vitality – add a drop to your water for a refreshing drink. Contains the constituent limonene.
- Valor helps to align the electrical energies within your body. Its one of my favorites and I swipe a drop on the back of my neck before exercising.
- Peppermint may improve your performance while exercising. It has the ability to oxygenate the blood and support the respiratory system. Add a drop to your water bottle before working out.
- Grapefruit vitality is delicious and can also support weight-management programs when taken internally and paired with a healthy diet and exercise.*
- RC – add a drop of RC to your chest and or feet before working out to create an inspiring and motivating scent of eucalyptus.
- Life 5. We all need a probiotic. Life 5 builds and restores core intestinal health by providing five clinically proven probiotic strains including two advanced super strains to enhance intestinal health, sustain energy and improve immunity. Life 5 contains 10 billion active cultures and improves colonization up to 10 times.
- Ningxia Red – Manage antioxidant stress and support overall body nutrition with 2 -4 oz of Ningxia Red a day. This superfruit is has one of the highest percentages of fiber of any whole food.
- Multigreens. There are times when I just don’t feel like drinking (or making) a green smoothie. Multi Greens is a high protein, high energy chlorophyll that delivers whole body nutrients. It contains Choline Bitartrate, Bee Pollen, Barley Grass, Spirulina and essential oils.
- Ningxia Nitro – its a pre workout energy supplement without the load of stimulants. It uses green tea extract and essential oils specifically targeted to increase energy.
- Stress Away essential oil – because sometimes we can ‘stress things out’
- Motivation essential oil. For the times you want to stay on the couch 🙂
- Panaway – Add 5-7 drops in 2 cups of epsom salts for a post workout bath that will enable you to get up and workout the next day.
- Don’t forget the Slique Shakes post workout protein recovery. I like it best with almond milk and a handful of blueberries.
Enjoy your workout!! Today is leg day for me, and believe it or not, I quite like squats. They may be feel strong.