OK, you have guessed, I have been in my happy place all weekend cooking and baking. I love it! One of the big challenges I am facing with a vegan diet is being prepared. When lunch time comes around, the most frustrating thing is. What the heck are we going to eat?
I made 2 types of vegan burgers. A quinoa burger and a black bean burger. The quinoa burger still needs some work. (it lacked something) but as soon as I perfect it I will let you know 🙂 They are perfect for the freezer to pop out any time we need them 🙂
First of all. If you don’t have a food processor like this. Get one. It will save you! I practice gratitude for ours every day!
Here are the black bean burgers deets.
- 2 large shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic (more if you like)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 cup of instant oats (acts as the binding ingredient)
- 1 portabllo mushroom
- 1 tsp cumin.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of Franks Red hot (or any other hot sauce)
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 grated zuccini
- 1 grated carrot
- Mince or chop onions, garlic, cilantro and mushrooms
- Mince or mash Black beans
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and smush with your hands to mix, It will be messy so do it near a sink 🙂
- Form into Burger patties
- Place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper (avoids the need for oil)
- Bake for 20-25 mins at 375
I like them best served on butter lettuce with tomato, onion and a few slices of avocado.