Lets talk about why your emotions send messages to your gut that could actually be making you sick.
Science Fact. When you were conceived, the bunch of cells that were created by that union, split exactly in half. Half developed to be the brain and the nervous system, half developed to be the gut. The split cells in embryo that go in both direction are still neurologically connected, so they still TALK to each other. So gut feeling is real!
When you are frazzled, STRESSED, mad, angry, guilty or ANY negative emotions, it creates havoc in your central nervous system which stimulates the sympathetic nervous system. This is Fight, Flight or Freeze part of your autonomic nervous system. That causes your adrenals to pump adrenaline, which in turn shuts off the digestive AND immune systems. Our bodies were created so that when we are highly emotionally charged in the Fight or Flight mode, the body functions go completely to dealing with that and nothing else. Wait WHAT?? Let’s review that again. When the sympathetic nervous system is activated the Digestive AND Immune systems SHUT DOWN.
(I am not talking emotional patterns or triggers and how to resolve them in this blog, I am simply stating that some of these emotions cause your central nervous system to freak out and cause this chain reaction.)
That means that when those systems shut down, you aren’t digesting anything. Acid builds, food sits and it just Putrefies. Imagine how that sits over time. Its like a toxic waste dump. Enzymes aren’t secreted to help you digest it and the acid and toxic sludge just build growing yeast, bacteria, parasites, viruses and other pathogens.
In all of this, your bodies #1 MO is to stabilize blood pH. So, if it’s under threat from acid, it’s going to combat that. How? By pulling calcium from the bones to neutralize the pH.
So now we have a body that is not digesting food, has a toxic and acidic build up, not absorbing nutrients and the immune system is off. What do you think happens? Yep, you guessed it, we get sick.
If the situation isn’t resolved it can get worse. The cells in our bodies are like Pacman and open for the nutrients they need. When those nutrients don’t come, that cell opens wider thinking some will come. Now, that toxic sludge and acid I was talking about ends up IN the cells. Cells are now infected with yeast, bacteria, parasites and viruses.
As cells die and replicate, their job description is passed on. The cell that is open wide and full of pathogens passes on that same job description.
The bottom line??
- Let’s help you get your central nervous system in check to stop firing the sympathetic nervous system. The best oils to do that are those high in Sesquiterpenes: Cedarwood, Rose, Sandalwood, Spikenard, Palo Santo, Lavender, Tsuga, . Get them on you! Inhale them and as you exhale, let your shoulders drop and imagine releasing that emotion. Put these oils in a bath, in the diffuser and on the back of your neck several times a day. Do it with intention and deep breathing, it helps! As you do it, think about what calms your breathing, what brings you back to neutral. We have to bring the central nervous system into balance.. then we can address the emotions. (on a side note.. while your central nervous system is in freak out mode, you cannot learn. Your amygdala is hijacked and your ability to learn is turned off). Emotional Patterns and Triggers later K?
- Get alkaline as much as you can! AlkaLime® is a precisely-balanced alkaline mineral complex formulated to neutralize acidity and maintain desirable pH levels in the body. Infused with lemon and lime essential oils and organic whole lemon powder, AlkaLime also features enhanced effervescence and biochemic cell salts for increased effectiveness. A balanced pH is thought to play an important role in maintaining overall health and vigor.
- Multigreen capsules are a great option too. MultiGreens™ is a nutritious chlorophyll formula designed to boost vitality by working with the glandular, nervous, and circulatory systems.* MultiGreens is made with spirulina, alfalfa sprouts, barley grass, bee pollen, eleuthero, Pacific kelp, and therapeutic-grade essential oils. Will add additional help to balance that acid
- Get some calcium! MegaCal™ is a wonderful source of calcium, magnesium, manganese, and vitamin C. MegaCal supports normal bone and vascular health as well as normal nerve function and contains 207 mg of calcium and 188 mg of magnesium per serving.
- Get some enzymes! Essentialzymes-4 is a multi-spectrum enzyme complex specially formulated to aid the critically needed digestion of dietary fats, proteins, fiber, and carbohydrates commonly found in the modern processed diet. The dual time-release technology releases the animal- and plant-based enzymes at separate times within the digestive tract, allowing for optimal nutrient absorption
- Don’t forget #1
- Take a Probiotic. Life 9 is all you need. Best to take at night. the MightyPro are awesome if travelling or can’t be compliant with a pill, They are formulated for kids, but are in a pouch so easy to throw in your purse to go.
- Other ways to quickly help release a stuck sympathetic nervous system are:
- Use the Cleansing Trio of Enxymes, ICP and Comfortone to move all that sludge out.